Dog Sled Tours
Online bookings available now!
Dog sledding tours are a great way to get out on an exciting adventure while enjoying the breathtaking scenery Big White has to offer. Experience the thrill of mushing through Big White’s famous backcountry as the enthusiastic and powerful Canadian Sled Dogs take you on an unforgettable winter excursion. Celebrating over 10 years at Big White, Candle Creek Kennels will begin with an orientation introducing you to the dogs, the sled and the process of harnessing before heading out on the trails, giving you extra dog sledding insight.
Dog Sled Tour Rates 2022/2023
Double Sled Capacity - 130kg/285lbs (max. 2 riders)
Single Sled Capacity - 110kg/242lbs (max. 1 rider)
|Book a second sled for the same tour time and save money! (Not available December 18 - January 15)||$299.00|
|Rates do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.|
Helmets are recommended for all guests to ride and are required for children aged 3-10 years, please ensure you bring your ski helmet to the tour.
Please be aware of weight capacities, guests will be weighed upon arrival to the cabin.
There are no refunds or rescheduling available within 7 days of the tour departure. There are no refunds/reschedules available due to poor weather/visibility.
If you wish to speak with the Tour Operators directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wear warm winter clothing including, gloves, insulated winter boots, toques, sunglasses.
- Bring ski goggles to protect your eyes from flying snow.
- Arrive a maximum of 5 minutes prior to tour, at the dog sled hut, located in the Happy Valley Adventure Park
- Children must be 3 years or older to ride on the sled.
- Children aged 3-10 are required to wear a helmet.
- Ski boots are not allowed at the kennel as they are dangerous to the dogs.
- No food or drink allowed in the kennel area.
- Trail is 6 km long (approx. half an hour).
- Tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn left and cross the bridge into the Adventure Park. You will see the Dog Sledding Cabin next to the Washroom Cabin.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, walk towards the gondola and then continue across the bridge into the Adventure Park. You will see the Dog Sledding Cabin next to the Washroom Cabin.
For additional information, and to inquire please contact the Resort Concierge by email at email@example.com.