Dog Sled Tours
Dog sledding tours are a great way to get out on an exciting adventure while enjoying the breathtaking scenery Big White has to offer. Experience the thrill of mushing through Big White’s famous backcountry as the enthusiastic and powerful Canadian Sled Dogs take you on an unforgettable winter excursion. Celebrating over 10 years at Big White, Candle Creek Kennels will begin with an orientation introducing you to the dogs, the sled and the process of harnessing before heading out on the trails, giving you extra dog sledding insight.
To ensure the safety of our guests and team members all participants must wear face coverings while checking in for tours as well as when driving the sled. Increased sanitization and cleaning protocols for shared equipment have been implemented.
Tours start Monday, December 6th 2021.
Helmets are required for all guests to ride, please ensure you bring your helmet to the tour.
Dog Sled Tour Rates 2021/2022
Double Sled Capacity - 135kg/285lbs (max. 2 riders)
Single Sled Capacity - 110kg/242lbs (max. 1 rider)
|Book a second sled for the same tour time and save money!||$269.00|
Rates do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
Please be aware of weight capacities, guests will be weighed upon arrival.
There are no refunds or rescheduling available within 7 days of the tour departure. There are no refunds/reschedules available due to poor weather/visibility.
If you wish to speak with the Tour Operators directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wear warm winter clothing including, gloves, insulated winter boots, toques, sunglasses.
- Bring ski goggles to protect your eyes from flying snow.
- Arrive a maximum of 5 minutes prior to tour, at the dog sled hut, located in the Happy Valley Adventure Park
- Children must be 3 years or older to ride on the sled.
- Children aged 3-10 are required to wear a helmet.
- Ski boots are not allowed at the kennel as they are dangerous to the dogs.
- Trail is 6 km long (approx. half an hour).
- Tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn left and cross the bridge into the Adventure Park. You will see the Dog Sledding Cabin next to the Washroom Cabin.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, walk towards the gondola and then continue across the bridge into the Adventure Park. You will see the Dog Sledding Cabin next to the Washroom Cabin.