Dog Sled Tours
Dog sledding tours are a great way to get out on an exciting adventure while enjoying the breathtaking scenery Big White has to offer. Experience the thrill of mushing through Big White’s famous backcountry as the enthusiastic and powerful Canadian Sled Dogs take you on an unforgettable winter excursion.
Reservations are highly recommended
Celebrating 10 years at Big White, Candle Creek Kennels will begin with an orientation introducing you to the dogs, the sled and the process of harnessing before heading out on the trails, giving you extra dog sledding insight.
Join the Candle Creek Kennels Facebook Community
Dog Sled Tour Rates
Please be aware, the below rates and schedules are from the 2019/2020 season. Updated pricing and schedules available Summer 2020. For questions or inquiries please email the Concierge Desk.
To avoid disappointment, and make the most out of your Big White experience, please book your tour in advance.
Rates do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
Please be aware of weight capacities, guests will be weighed upon arrival.
- Wear warm winter clothing including, gloves, insulated winter boots, toques, sunglasses.
- Bring ski goggles to protect your eyes from flying snow.
- Arrive a maximum of 5 minutes prior to tour, at the kennel site, below the magic carpet.
- Complete the waiver given to you at the time of ticket purchase prior to your tour.
- Tours are best suited to 1 Adult, 1 Child or 2 Children to ensure weight restrictions are met
- Children must be 3 years or older to ride on the sled.
- Children aged 3-10 are required to wear a helmet.
- Passengers 14 years and older may participate in driving the sled.
- Ski boots are not allowed at the kennel as they are dangerous to the dogs.
- Trail is 6 kilometers long (approx. half an hour).
- A healthy level of fitness is recommended for participants.
- Tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn left and cross the bridge into the Adventure Park. Proceed to the bottom of the magic carpet at the beginner's ski area. The kennel is located on your right hand side.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, walk towards the gondola and then continue across the bridge into the Adventure Park. Proceed to the bottom of the magic carpet at the beginner's ski area. The kennel is located on your right hand side.
For additional information, and to inquire regarding the 2019/2020 season, please contact the Resort Concierge by email at email@example.com.