Fat Biking Trails
Don't want to give up biking for the winter? Bring your fat bike and explore Big White's backcountry terrain. Our designated fat bike trail - Trapping Meadows winds around our Nordic trail system in Happy Valley, making it a great day out.
Passes are required for access to the Nordic trail system. More information for the 2021/22 season coming soon.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing with layers
- Insulated winter walking footwear is the best option for this activity
- Please ensure you stay on designated trails and obey all posted signs - see the map below (and at trailheads)
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - Fat Bikes are not allowed in Lara's Gondola. Please ride along the public road down towards Happy Valley, turn left into the parking lot and cross the bridge into the Happy Valley Adventure Centre, follow the Nordic Trail Signs.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the Adventure Centre.
- By Vehicle – Park in the Black Forest Parking Lot, proceed to trail head (as marked).
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge and Black Forest Day Lodge.
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge and Black Forest Day Lodge.