Weekend Special Programs
Ski and ride with pros who know the mountain inside out. Get the inside scoop and learn new tricks and techniques.
Quick TipsBefore You Arrive
- Come dressed and ready to ski or snowboard.
- Ensure that you are well rested and have eaten breakfast or lunch.
- Neck warmer
- Goggles and/or sunglasses depending on the weather
- Waterproof & insulated mittens, gloves, jacket and pants
- Long underwear and turtleneck
- Warm dry socks
- Free Ride Program
Registration closes December 25, 2019
Join the Free Ride Program for 9 weeks of mountain fun and adventure! Free Ride Participants, aged 5-14, are grouped by ability and age, working with their coaches to improve skills and gain confidence. Fun competitions and weekly themes are scheduled throughout the program.
- You will spend the day with your instructor learning new skills and exploring the mountain. You will have a chance to explore all the terrain available to your level. Please note beginner skiers and riders may spend more time on one mountain depending on the type of terrain that is suitable.
- Actual time on snow will vary depending on weather conditions the groups ability and stamina.
End of the Day
- Groups return to the Village Centre at 12:00pm for half day and 3:30pm full day lessons.
Free Riders, aged 5-14, are grouped by ability and age, working with their coaches to improve skills and gain confidence. Fun competitions and weekly themes are scheduled throughout the program.
2020 Session Dates, Times and Prices
Session Price Until Nov 30* Price From Dec 1* Saturday Full Day (9:30am - 3:30pm)† $631 $661 Session Schedule: Jan 4, 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 22, 29, Mar 7 Sunday Full Day (9:30am - 3:30pm)† $631 $661 Session Schedule: Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 23, Mar 1, 8 Saturday AM - Half Day (9:30am - 12pm)† $435 $465 Session Schedule: Jan 4, 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 22, 29, Mar 7 Saturday PM - Half Day (1:00pm - 3:30pm)† $395 $425 Session Schedule: Jan 4, 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 22, 29, Mar 7 Sunday AM - Half Day (9:30am - 12pm)† $395 $425 Session Schedule: Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 23, Mar 1, 8 †First week start time is 9am for full day and morning sessions; and 12:30pm for the Saturday afternoon session. *Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice. Lift ticket not included see Tickets for lift ticket rates.
Note: Free Ride Program will take a break over the weekend of Family Day (February 15th/16th)
- 5 hours on-snow coaching for full day sessions: 2.5 hours on-snow coaching for half day sessions
- Lunch at Happy Valley (full day sessions only)
- Aged 5-14 as of the start date
- Comfortable on green runs, stopping and turning in control, and able to ride a chairlift
- Participants must wear a helmet
- Must have a valid lift ticket
- Pro's In Training
Pro's in Training
Want to learn how to become a ski instructor, but not sure where to start? Then we have the program for you!
For all former Free Ride Club members aged 14 & 15, join Big White Ski and Board School this winter for an exclusive opportunity to realize your dream of becoming a ski instructor!
This consecutive 9-week program runs concurrently with Freeride Program and gives you hands-on experience teaching with our qualified Kids Centre pros in the morning, helping with lunch, learning off snow policies and procedures, and followed up with a structured training program in the afternoon to prepare you for your Level 1 CSIA and beyond!
Session Price Pro's in Training (9:00am - 3:00pm) $479 Session scheduleJan 4, 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 22, 29, Mar 7 *Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice. Lift ticket not included see Tickets for lift ticket rates.
Note: Pros In Training will take a break over the weekend of Family Day (February 15th/16th)
- Level 1 course for participants aged 15 and over*
- 9 mornings (9:00am-12:30pm) teaching alongside our Kids Centre instructors and learning off-snow procedures; with the following training emphasis:
- Weeks 1-3 – Teaching Beginner Skiers
- Weeks 4-6 – Teaching Novice Skiers
- Weeks 7-9 – Teaching Intermediate Skiers
- 9 afternoons (1:00pm-3:00pm) preparing for your Level 1 course with one of our qualified CSIA trainers
*Minimum age requirement for the Level 1 CSIA course is 15 years of age on the first day of the course.
- Aged 14 or 15 as of the start date
- Previous participation in Free Ride
- Must have a valid lift ticket
- Helmets must be worn
Please note: the program must have a minimum of 3 participants enrolled by November 30th, 2019 to proceed.
To book please contact the Ski and Board School:Direct: 250-491-6101Toll Free: 1-866-491-9040Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freestyle Ski & Snowboard Teams
If you are interested in competitions please check out the Big White Freestyle Club.
Big White Ski and Board School is pleased to announce the next major step for Freestyle Team participants at Big White Ski Resort.
Big White Ski and Board School, with the parent’s dedication, has taken the Freestyle Team from its creation, to that of being a major competitor against all the other Freestyle programs in Western Canada.
During discussions that have occurred over several seasons and began in earnest last fall, it was acknowledged by Big White and members of the Freestyle parent group that the next step in The Freestyle Team’s program evolution would be to mirror their competitors. Namely, to create a non-profit club so they can manage their direction and develop their athlete’s abilities to get them to the next level. All this takes a collection of dedicated people managing and directing the club to gain access to government funding for their athletes. Transforming the freestyle program into a non-profit club is part of the process.
Therefore, Big White Freestyle is now an active club and is live online www.bigwhitefreestyle.com For program offerings and registration of athletes, please go to their website. Big White Ski Resort and Ski and Board School support this next step and wish the best for the athletes.