Big White Ski Resort’s third annual Peak Pride festival celebrates the LGBT2Q+ skiing and snowboarding community while showcasing the vibrant natural beauty of the Okanagan Valley.
Starting on Friday, April 5, festival-goers are invited to mingle at the Blarney Stone Irish Tavern and to a Gaymes Night Snowshoe Sam's.
Saturday is chock-full of fun and fabulous events, beginning with the Mountain Pride Parade and by followed Ales & Apres and The Peaks Culinary Walk – a delicious, curated journey through our picturesque Village with four restaurants pairing their feature dish with a specialty beverage. On Saturday night, Snowshoe Sam’s is hosting the biggest party of the weekend: wipeOUT, with DJ DrewG spinning the beats and a line-up of local musicians performing all night long.
Sunday, say goodbye to all your new-found friends at the Fab Farewell Brunch, hosted by the Blarney Stone Irish Tavern.
Peak Pride is the hottest winter weekend of the season – come celebrate all things queer with Big White Ski Resort!
Peak Pride Discounts, the 2019 highlights include:
Book a Weekend Bundle - Must book here to receive great discounts
Discounted Lift Tickets - Purchase your lift tickets and save 10% off of the on mountain prices. These discounts are available directly through Peak Pride starting April 2nd, 2019 until April 9, 3019. Minimum 2 day purchase to receive discount. To find these discounts visit here.
- Host Hotel - Inn at Big White
- Host Pubs
- Blarney Stone Irish Tavern - at the Inn at Big White
- Snow Shoe Sam's - Located in the Village
- Getting people connected through outdoor group activities
Friday, April 5th:
Saturday, April 6th:
- Mountain Pride Parade
- Meet at the bottom of Bullet Chairlift at 2pm to be sure you're ready for departure from the top at 2.30pm.
- Any non-skiers/snowboarders are encouraged to meet at 2.30pm at the Fire Hall to link up with the skiers and continue into the village.
- Ales & Apres
- The 3rd Annual Ales & Après Mountain Beer Fest featuring all the bars and restaurants of Big White Ski Resort coming together to showcase 50+ refreshing brews from 25+ breweries and cideries across BC and the wider world
- From 2pm - 6pm
- For more information on this event please click here.
- The Peaks Culinary Walk
- Stroll from one end of our picturesque village to the other, making delicious stops along the way on this culinary journey. Four local restaurants have joined forces so you will have the opportunity to enjoy a curated sampling experience, each pairing their feature dish with a specialty beverage. If you have ever wanted to dine your way through Big White, now is your time!
- Join Guided Groups from 6pm-9pm
- Included in Saturday full pass only.
- WipeOUT at Snow Shoe Sam's!
- more details coming soon - or check out the peak pride website! click here.
Sunday, April 7th:
- Fab Farewell Brunch - pay on site
- A la carte brunch at the Blarney Stone Irish Tavern
For more information click here or contact Big White Concierge at Concierge@bigwhite.com or 250.491.6111