Dog Sled Tours
Dog sledding tours are a great way to get out on an exciting adventure while enjoying the breathtaking scenery Big White has to offer. Experience the thrill of mushing through Big White’s famous backcountry as the enthusiastic and powerful Canadian Sled Dogs take you on an unforgettable winter excursion.
Celebrating 10 years at Big White. Candle Creek Kennels will begin with an orientation introducing you to the dogs, the sled and the process of harnessing before heading out on the trails, giving you extra dog sledding insight. New to this season are the addition of two new leaders and new team dogs in the kennels.
Join the Candle Creek Kennels Facebook Community
Operating Dates & Times
|Tuesday - Thursday
Saturday & Sunday
For additional information, and to book your dog sledding experience, please contact the Resort Concierge 250.491.6111 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions.
**Additional tours may be available during peak periods. Ask an agent for more information!
***Be certain of your schedule as there are no refunds and no rescheduling prior to 7 days of your tour.
Dog Sled Tour Rates
Capacity - 145kg/320lbs (max. 2 people)
Rates do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
Please be aware of weight capacities, guests will be weighed upon arrival.
- Wear warm winter clothing including, gloves, insulated winter boots, toques, sunglasses.
- Bring ski goggles to protect your eyes from flying snow.
- Arrive a maximum of 5 minutes prior to tour, at the kennel site, below the magic carpet.
- Complete the waiver given to you at the time of ticket purchase prior to your tour.
- Children must be 3 years or older to ride on the sled.
- Children aged 3-10 are required to wear a helmet.
- Passengers 14 years and older may participate in driving the sled.
- Ski boots are not allowed at the kennel as they are dangerous to the dogs.
- Trail is 6 kilometers long (approx. half an hour).
- A healthy level of fitness is recommended for participants.
- Tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn left and cross the bridge into the Adventure Park. Proceed to the bottom of the magic carpet at the beginner's ski area. The kennel is located on your right hand side.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, walk towards the gondola and then continue across the bridge into the Adventure Park. Proceed to the bottom of the magic carpet at the beginner's ski area. The kennel is located on your right hand side.