Hiking at Big White
The first weekend of hiking was a success. The wild flowers are out and looking stunning. The vibrancy and variety of colours is truly beautiful. Hiking is available 7 days a week. We will be patrolling the trails from 9 am to 4 pm daily. Patrol is available until 5:30pm daily. The other little tid-bit, hiking is FREE!!!!
We will be adding easier hiking trails from the Village, so just be sure to ask for directions at The Blarney Stone, Central Reservations or Administration. You can post your summer photos to our website by using #summerbigwhite or #hikebiggie .
The Blarney Stone, located in the Inn At Big White opens tomorrow for all your food and beverage needs. Come and join us on the sun deck! For Summer Accommodation check out www.rentchalets.com or (855) 397-0956.
- Stay on marked trails. The flora is delicate and won't survive people going off trail. Don't take shortcuts.
- Pack out what you pack in. Leave no trace.
- Only take photos and memories.
- Don't feed the animals. As the Conservation Officers say 'a fed bear is a dead bear'.
- Be aware of wildlife, and give the animals a room to get away.
- Yield to uphill traffic. When hiking stay to the right and pass on the left.
- When the trail is narrow, hike single file.
- Be aware that weather may change quickly, be prepared.
- Report any damage or vandalism to Patrol.
- Be friendly and have fun!