Your COVID-19 Winter Protocols
For British Columbia's latest COVID-19 updates, please visit http://covid-19.bccdc.ca/
What is the Resort doing for your COVID-19 safety and prevention?
We ask for your support to help protect you, our team members, residents and guests from the spread of COVID-19. Our team will continue to follow Interior Health Authorities and the Provincial Government’s directives for operations. Please stay home if you're not feeling well or experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19. We have invested in the following programs and protocols to improve safety and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Protocols may change frequently and will be updated on this page as required. If you have any questions, please contact Michael J Ballingall, Senior Vice President, at email@example.com
Arrival at the Resort
- You will be greeted by a parking attendant guiding you an appropriate place to park.
- Hand washing and sanitization stations are available throughout the resort.
- Regular sanitization of surfaces and increased daily sanitization protocols.
- Glass sneeze guards installed at all counters where customers and staff interact.
- We have gone cashless, and are only accepting debit or credit as payment forms at this time for the safety of our staff.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often.
- Practice physical distancing of a minimum '2m (6ft).
- Avoid touching your face.
Accessing Day Lodges
- Automatic sliding doors have been installed where possible to reduce contact points.
- Decreased volume of seating at all day lodges to abide by physical distancing standards.
- At this time we are unable to offer day or season locker storage due to health and safety regulations surrounding COVID-19. Those that have purchased the Season passholder locker add-on in the past, or who are on the waiting list to receive one as they become available, will remain in their position when we are able to offer this service again.
- Touchless faucets have been installed in washrooms at the Village Centre Mall, Gem Lake, Black Forest Day Lodge, Happy Valley Day Lodge and The Ridge Day Lodge.
- All of these washroom facilities will have handicap stalls with foot pulls.
Access to ski runs and lifts
- Season passholders can go direct to lift with their season passes and load lift in their bubble. Singles welcome.
- Reduced capacity and physical distancing measures being taken on all chair lifts, lines and gondola.
- Gondola cabins will be disinfected with each new rider, which will require new designated uphill and downhill loading times to allow for cleaning time.
- All passengers will be arranged in their bubbles with a maximum of six on the gondola. Full numbers permitted on open chairlifts. Single riders allowed on all lifts.
- Lift lines will be stretched to maintain physical distancing in all directions, except for those in your bubble.
- Touchless online day ticket system that provide direct to lift access. Learn more about our Biggie Express Card day ticket program.
- Reconfigured ski and snowboard rental shops to promote physical distancing and limit contact with staff and other guests
- Touchless laser boot measuring system
- Automatic doors at Dizzy's.
- Automatic doors at the Kids Centre with entrance and exit designations.
- Increased cleaning regime planned for Kid's Centre washrooms.
These changes are based on government health and safety procedures.
- Pre registration procedure for all lessons to eliminate potential line ups
- Staggered lesson start times. Multiple start times throughout the day for both kids and adult classes.
- Group Lessons: Smaller class sizes based on social distancing practices.
- Programs that involve food and beverage service are being re-evaluated based on government health and safety procedures
- Ski School will not be offering 50% off early bird lesson vouchers or 15% off on group lessons to season passholders
- Reduced indoor capacity and increased outdoor seating and service where possible.
- Online ordering and payment system implemented in day lodges to reduce line ups
- Increased options for takeaway and ‘assemble-at-home’ meal kits
Accommodation with Big White Central Reservations
- Before you book, we've got you covered with our new zero deposit and peace of mind policies, plus a new free payment plan. Learn more.
- There is a 24 hour gap between all bookings, providing additional time for enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Our teams have increased the frequency of cleaning with a focus on high-touch areas including entrances, front desk areas, door handles, elevators, locker rooms, laundry rooms, offices and room keys.
- Staff are asked to stay home if they have any signs of illness, no matter how mild.
- In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.