Big White Central Reservations Flexible Policies and Best Practices
Our Commitment to You
Just like you, we are navigating our way through the dynamic and ever-changing challenges that COVID-19 is presenting.
Big White Central Reservations is preparing for another awesome season at Big White, while putting best practices and procedures in place for the health and safety of our guests and our team members. Add our Peace of Mind Policy with flexible deposit and cancellation policies and we’ve got you covered!
Booking Flexibility with Big White Central Reservations
We've got you covered with our Flexible Cancellation Policies! Providing you with Peace of Mind when booking with Big White Central Reservations
Flexible Cancellation Policies for your Peace of Mind:
British Columbia Public Health Order as of December 7, 2020, at present in effect until February 5, 2021 stating no non-essential travel. Big White Central Reservations will move your booking to a later date this season or will refund your booking if your arrival date is February 4, 2021 or earlier. If orders are extended, Big White Central Reservations will refund your accommodation for the duration of the order, and any further extensions of the order. Guests from the Yukon can cancel their bookings with full refund due to quarantine regulations.
Due to the BC Provincial Health Order, we are now limiting bookings to our local area only, until February 4, 2021.
From date of booking up until 60 days prior to arrival: Free cancellation with full refunds for any reason.
Up to 10 days prior arrival: Free Cancellation with full refunds should Government restrictions be in place from your departing city or entry to British Columbia. *Valid from 60 days until 10 days prior to your arrival date for all bookings all season
*Full refunds valid on ground portion of your booking with Big White Central Reservations, not valid on third party airline tickets and costs
If you or a member of your party tests positive for Covid-19, is waiting for test results, has symptoms of Covid-19 or has been told to self isolate by a Local or Provincial Health Authority in the lead up to your booking, we kindly ask that you contact us immediately and you or the member of your party do not travel to Big White. If this means that you need to cancel your booking, from 14 days to 48 hours prior to arrival, we will move your booking to a later date this season with no penalty.
*Please note any increase in rates due to date change will apply
Credit Option and Priority Request Status for 2021/2022 Ski Season: For bookings cancelled for the 2020/2021 ski season you can opt to leave your deposit as a credit with Big White Central Reservations to be used for the 2021/2022 ski season, rather than take a refund. Your credit will remain in Canadian dollars, assisting with ever changing exchange rates. Choosing this option will give you priority request status for your 2021/2022 booking. You will be contacted in advance of opening our requests to put you at the top of the list.
Keeping Up with the Changes: As the world situation evolves, we will evolve too, all policies are constantly being reviewed and will be updated and extended if and when needed, we've got you covered!
Big White Central Reservations Best Practices
24 Hours Between All Bookings
We have implemented a 24 hour rule, where there will be a break of a minimum 24 hours between all bookings. Allowing us time for all our enhanced cleaning protocols and to ensure the safety of both you, our guests and our team members.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. On a daily basis, our resort is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidelines on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge
Resort staff and their own health, safety and knowledge are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Masks: Our team members will be wearing masks, at Big White Ski Resort masks are mandatory in all public spaces, buildings, lift lines, and in the Village Centre.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Stay Home: Staff are instructed to stay home if they have any signs of illness, no matter how mild.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
Our resort uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: The resort has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and offices.
Our Care Commitment
Big White Central Reservations hopes our enhanced policies, protocols and procedures will show our commitment to you, our valued guests. We care and we will be here for you, providing an escape to the great outdoors, a safe and clean environment, and a holiday to look forward to. The snow will fly, and Okanagan Champagne Powder will be waiting for you when it’s safe to return to the mountains.
We are open 8am to 630pm, 7 days a week, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns or just to say hi, we are here for you.