Open Ski Cross Competitions in TELUS park
March 4th, 2012
This is your chance to give our Snow Cross course a chance in our open competition. Everyone can enter to race in this open race.
Ski Cross Open Format:
- All competitors will be seeded randomly into Ski Cross heats within their age category.
- After the first round of heats, the top finisher(s) in each heat will advance to the next round.
- The others will move to the Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ) round to race again in heats of 3 skiers or
- There will be NO timed qualifying runs.
- After the LCQ round, the remaining heats will be in a single elimination format where the top 2 skiers
advance to the next round and the others are eliminated.
- There will be heats of 4 skiers or less per race.
- Each competitor will have at least 2 Ski Cross runs racing head to head.
Sunday, March 4th
|8:00am - 9:00pm:||Registration, White Crystal Conference Room|
|9:00am - 9:30pm:||Course Inspection|
|9:30am - 12:00pm:||Training|
|12:30pm:||Ski Cross Open Competition – LCQ Format|
Entry Fee is $30.00
Ladies’ & Men’s Age Categories* for the Ski Cross OPEN
* Categories may be blended due to entry levels*
Kids 8 - 12 years
Juniors 13 - 15 years
Youths 16 - 18 years
Adults 18 - 40 years
Masters - Over 40