Join us this summer for a great intro to the Big White Bike Park. Our pros from the Bike School will show your little grommet the basics to safely ride the park and have a blast doing it. Everything you need for a great day in the park is include in this program. This program is geared for Youth 9 to 15 years of age. Max 6 per group, riders will be placed in groups of similar abilities. No drop-ins, must pre-register.
- July 20-22, 2018
- Lift Access to the bike park
- Rental bike and gear
- Check in before 8AM at Village Centre Mall
- 9AM Arrive and check in. Meet coaches, sort out rental bikes and gear if required
- Morning Ride Session – Intro to DH, bike handling and basic skills
- Afternoon Session - Bike Park Riding: Intro to cornering, position and balance, braking
- 4PM Daily wrap up in village
- 9AM check in, bike and gear pick up
- Warm up, review of skills
- Cornering and line choice
- Photo opportunity on trail
- Terrain awareness and direction control
- 4PM Daily wrap up in village
- 9AM Morning stretch and briefing
- Warm up laps
- Intro to drops and jumps
- Final ride and free ride favourite trails, continued skill development
- 4PM Final wrap up
Where do we stay?
Campers and their families will rent summer accommodation separately and in addition to their camp package (special summer accommodation rates to come).
What all is included in the camp price?
3 days of coaching, lunch, lift passes, rental bike and gear.
What Safety Gear is Recommended?
Big Whites safety gear requirements >>
What can parents do while kids are in the camp?
Events and activities >>
How will Camp Drop off and pick up be organized?
Parents will drop off their campers every morning at the designated areas and pick up in the same area at end of day. See camp schedule for drop off and pick up times.
What should I bring to camp?
Generally we encourage campers to bring their own safety equipment and bike, however, we do we have equipment available for rent. Here is the quick list of items to bring:
- Bike, Clothing, Hydration pack, Full-face helmet, Sun block, Spending money
- Leave the valuables at home - cell phones, iPods, etc. are discouraged
How are the campers supervised?
We are with the campers from the time you drop them off in the morning until pick up at end of day. Evenings are unsupervised free time.
What is there to do besides ride bikes?
Summer Activities Big White >>
Can parents come and visit or stay for the entire camp?
Of course! We encourage parents to join their kids and spend the long weekend at Big White during Big White Youth Camp.
Can we ride after the scheduled program?
Yes, subject to chairlift and other resort operating hours.
Can I be in camp with my friend?
Sure, let us know on the registration form who your friend is and we’ll do our best to put you in the same group. However, we group campers based on skill level so if they’re not the same level they will be in separate groups.
Are meals included?
Lunch is included. Breakfast, snacks, and dinner are available for campers and their families at various village food and restaurant locations or in your condo.