Dog Sled Tours
Open your eyes to the beauty of Big White’s pristine back country with our dog sled tours. This is an experience like no other!
Our tour operator Tim will begin with an orientation introducing you to the dogs, the sled and the process of harnessing - Before heading out on the trails in Big White's beautiful back country!
The trail is approximately 3 miles long and the time spent on the sled will vary from 20 to 40 minutes depending on snow, weather and trail conditions.
Once you have returned, the team of dog will be unharnessed and you will have the opportunity to spend some time with the dogs - Tim will encourage you to participate as much as desired in the tour.
For more information check out Candle Creek Dog Sled Tours on Facebook.
Please Note the following Points:
- There is one sled per tour. (with the exception of 9:00am & 11:00am Tuesday-Thursday & Saturday, when a second smaller sled is also available).
- The sled may hold a maximum weight of 154kg (340lbs) - 2 people may participate in the same tour providing they are within the combined weight limit. Please note the smaller sled can only carry a maximum weight of 108kg (240lbs)
- Guests must be 3 years of age or older to participate.
- Guests must be physically fit to participate in the tour as there may be some running involved - Just like in a dog sled race!
- All children aged 3-14yrs must wear a helmet.
- Children 14 years and older may participate in driving the sled.
- Weather conditions may change very rapidly in the mountains - please ensure you dress warmly and remember to bring goggles and gloves and wear Snowboard or good outdoor winter boots when on he tour. Please note ski boots are not permitted on the tour.
- Any cancellations or changes to your booking require 7 days notice.
Please see the Activities Desk for availability. Call 250.491.6111.
$195.00 per sled, regardless of the number of people - Maximum weight limit for the sled is 340 pounds/154 kilograms.
$170.00 for smaller sled, regardless of the number of people - Maximum weight limit for this sled is 240 pounds/108 kilograms.
*These prices do not include taxes and are subject to change without notice.
For more information and bookings visit the Big White Activities Desk or phone 250.491.6111 or email: [email protected].