Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides
Come aboard an old fashioned horse drawn sleigh for an unforgettable experience in the winter wonderland of Big White. Cozy up under a blanket and enjoy hot chocolate as you glide through snow covered forest trails, a true Canadian winter adventure. A horse drawn sleigh ride is an outdoor adventure that can be enjoyed by all ages.
*Starting December 12th 2013
Operating Dates & Times
|Tour Type||Tour Days||Times||Child & Adult (5+yrs)||Tot (4 & Under)|
1/2 Hour -Capacity 16 adults
||2pm, 4pm, 8pm||$15.00||FREE|
1 Hour - Capacity 16 adults
includes hot chocolate
|Thurs-Tues||1pm, 3pm, 7pm
Special NYE Tour-45min Capacity 16 adults
includes hot chocolate OR add mulled wine (+$10)
6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm
* Additional tours may be available during peak periods! As one of our agents for more info.
**Hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions. Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
Whether you have a group who wants the sleigh to yourself or a couple who would like a romantic sleigh ride for two, private horse sleigh tours are available. Inquire with Concierge Desk
Enjoy a unique dining experience combined with a horse drawn sleigh adventure. Enjoy brunch, a gourmet dinner in a cozy cabin or arrive in style at one of Big White's restaurants.
- Tickets must be pre-purchased and can be purchased from the Activities Desk in the Village Centre Mall.
- Please respect the horses and do not approach them without getting consent from the driver.
- Hot chocolate is provided on 1 hour tours.
- No cancellations or exchanges within 24 hours. 24 hours to 48 hours, sleigh ride time can be changed. More than 48 hours notice, full refund available.
- Wear warm winter clothing including winter boots.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure to ensure tour leaves on time.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, tours meet next to the skating rink outside the doors to Sk8ers Bistro.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the meeting place next to the skating rink outside the doors to Sk8ers Bistro.
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge, featuring Belgian Waffles, hot dogs, hot chocolate, and some other types of snack food and beverages (no alcohol).
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Storage facilities available in the lower level of the Happy Valley Day Lodge.