There's nothing quite like skating on an outdoor rink surrounded by snow covered trees and picturesque views of the mountains. Take a spin on Canada's highest skating rink - it's the same size as an Olympic Hockey rink! Jump in on a pick up game with the locals or take a leisurely skate with family and friends.
Operating Dates & Times
|11:00am - 9:00pm
||Sunday - Thursday
||Dec 15* - April 13
|11:00am - 10:00pm||Friday & Saturday||Dec 15* - April 13|
|11:00am - 10:00pm
*Start date subject to change with weather conditions.
Hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions.
Ice Skating Rates
|Rink Ticket||Skate Rental||Hockey Stick Rental||Helmet Rental||Souvenir
($30 deposit required)
All rentals require a credit card and photo identification.
Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
- All participants must have a valid ticket or season's pass and be wearing skates to enter the rink.
- Slap shots and raising the puck are not permitted.
- Helmets recommended.
- All participants must follow attendant's instructions. Unsafe conduct will result in the removal of your ticket without refund.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn right in front of Happy Valley Day Lodge for entrance to the skating rink
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the skating rink
- Olympic sized ice surface.
- Ticket Sales located in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge, featuring Belgian Waffles, hot dogs, hot chocolate, and some other types of snack food and beverages.
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Fully lit for night skating.
- Bonfire daily after 3pm to warm up around.
- Ice buddies to assist beginner skaters.