Jobs at Big White
"To go the extra mile to ensure our visitors enjoy a memorable alpine experience in a positive, safe and friendly environment."
To go the extra mile… It is hard to understand all our guests' expectations, but we always know if we are going above and beyond or going the extra mile to help someone. Whether it is walking a customer to the washrooms or quickly taking one last critical look at a room before a customer arrives just to make sure it is perfect.
Visitors enjoy a memorable alpine experience… Visitors are customers, they are guests, they are familiarization tours, they are our staff, they are anybody that takes the time to drive up to the resort. They all deserve to have a memorable experience, whether they are looking to ski, board, party or just have Christmas with their grandchildren.
Positive Environment… We need to maintain an environment where not only are customers happy to stay around just a little longer, but also our staff are happy, both seasonal and year round. Sometimes it is hard to be positive when things are going wrong, but if we can find the positive and still be helpful to each other and our customers, we create a positive workplace and positive place to vacation.
Safe Environment… Safety is a priority of our company. Snow sports have a perception of risk that is far higher that the actual risk. There is no doubt that this affects the amount of people that return to the sport. Safety of everyone at our resort is REALLY important!
Friendly Environment… The last part of this is something we hear over and over again. The friendliness of Big White staff is second to none. We know this is why people return to our mountain again and again, and we think it is a great thing to be listed as a core value.
We know that people are our greatest asset. We are always looking for creative and talented individuals who are looking forward to exciting challenges.
Before applying for a position with Big White we ask that you be aware of the following:
|1. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e. have a valid work permit, permanent residency or Canadian citizenship)|
|2. Big White Ski Resort DOES NOT give letters of offer to foreign workers.|
|3. You can apply for multiple positions at a time (this is not mandatory). However, you will only be considered for one position at a time.|
|4. All successful job applicants will be asked to sign a Criminal Record Check Consent Form.|
|5. If you have any employment or recruitment related questions/inquiries, or are experiencing any problems applying online, please contact email@example.com.|
We prefer that all applications and resume submissions be made through our online employment center.
How to Apply
|1.||Follow the links to our Current Job Postings
Job postings are updated regularly, with most positions going up in August & September. Apply as soon as you see a job you are interested in to avoid disappointment.
|2.||Read through the descriptions and choose the ones that look like a good match to your skills and personality.
Remember that a commitment to guest service and a welcoming smile are the cornerstones of every job.
|3.||When you have selected the jobs that interest you go to the online application form.
Please give us all the information that you think we need to understand what a great applicant you really are!
|4.||We will contact all applicants who are selected to schedule an in-person job interview.
If you apply early in the summer months, please be prepared for a little wait while our managers and supervisors review the many applications that come in.
*Please note that when job descriptions ask for specific experience or qualifications you must have those requirements to be considered for that specific job.
All successful job applicants will be asked to sign a Criminal Record Check Consent Form.
Big White will be hosting our Annual Job Fair at the Holiday Inn Express Conference Centre (2429 Highway 97 N.) in Kelowna on October 26th from 12-8pm for scheduled interviews and 27th from 10am-5pm for drop-in interviews. We will be hiring for seasonal positions for the 2015/2016 season.
Drop-ins will only be accepted on October 27th. Please be aware that some departments may have completed their hiring by that time and will not be available for drop-in interviews.
Overseas Working Holiday Clubs & Agencies
There are many legitimate agencies that help overseas workers gain employment in Canada. Unfortunately there are some companies that don’t deliver on their promises. All applicants applying for our advertised positions have an equal chance for hire, regardless of the source of their application. We do require all potential employees to complete the online application.
Applicants using these types of search firms to assist them in securing employment are strongly encouraged to do their due diligence and research prior to signing agreements or paying fees. If you are dealing with a company that implies a partnership with Big White Ski Resort please feel free to contact us to confirm.
Big White Ski Resort is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes foreign applicants and diverse cultures. All of our employees must have a competent grasp of the English language and be able to communicate clearly with co-workers and guests.
Check out some of our fantastic departments in action and get a glimpse into a day in the life on the mountain.
50% Off Private Lessons & FREE Group Lessons
What's the point of living and working at a ski resort and never hitting the slopes? Free group lessons are subject to space and availability and must be booked in advance, joining an existing group.
40% Off Rentals & 25% Off Repairs
Ski and snowboard equipment rentals are offered to all staff. Ask our staff members in the Rental Shop about our great equipment.
15% Off Retail & 10% Off Hard Goods
Discounts are available at Ski Dazzle, The Village Rider and It's The Snow Gift Shop in the Village Centre.
Beyond Wrapture and Elevation Day Spa both offer discounts for employees up to 50% off. Please call for details and reservations.
From dog sledding and snowmobiling to ice climbing and horse drawn sleigh rides Big White employees receive discounts on Adventure Activities on the mountain. Some restrictions apply, contact the Activities Desk for details.
Food & Beverage
The best deals for discounted food and drinks is at our very own Happy Valley Daylodge. We offer our employees 50% off our regular prices in the Cafeteria, Moose Lounge and at Sk8ers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When do seasonal employment positions start? Our season kicks off from the end of November with a closing date in mid-April.Start dates vary depending on the position you have applied for but typically begin one or two weeks prior to winter operations starting.
- When is the Big White job fair? We will be hosting our Annual Job Fair at the Holiday Inn Express in Kelowna on October 26th and 27th. Click here for more details about the Job Fair.
- When do online applications need to be submitted? Positions for the following winter season will get posted in June through September. Please submit your online application as soon as you see a position you are interested in to avoid dissapointment and secure an appointment at the Job Fair. Once the job fair appointments are full, the position will be taken down. If you require a work visa to work in Canada, make sure you apply for your visa before applying for any positions.
- What else should I know about working at Big White Ski Resort? Come Prepared! Mother Nature is unpredictable, so winter positions may not start until late November and some do not start until mid December. We recommend that you come to Big White with approximately $3,000 (CDN) to ensure that you will be able to pay rent, damage deposit, groceries, telephone, transportation and entertainment until you are gainfully employed. We highly reccommend you open a bank account with Bank of Montreal as it is the easiest bank for our employees to deal with.
- How do I get from Kelowna Airport or Downtown Kelowna to Big White? We offer a shuttle from Kelowna Airport and the Greyhound Bus Station that will bring you directly to the mountain once the resort is open for the season, click here for more information. You can also check the "Official Big White Group" on Facebook for ride sharing prior to the resort opening.
- How can I find a hostel in Kelowna or Big White when I get there? It's a good idea to make reservations in advance as the hostels fill up quickly.
Samesun Hostel Kelowna - Quote "Big White Deal" for a special rate
Urban Retreat Hostel at Big White
Kelowna International Hostel
Kelowna Okanagan Lake Hostel
- How can I find housing (if I am not registered or planning on staying in Staff Housing)? Check the "Official Big White Group" on Facebook or for housing listings check out Castanet.net.
- What are some of the perks I'll receive as an employee? Check out the list of benefits of being an employee here.