Everything you need to know about the Job Fair
The 2010-2011 Job Fair is being held at the Best Western Inn, in Kelowna BC on October 15th and 16th. The Best Western is located on the corner of Highway 97 and Leckie Rd, next to the Greyhound Station. The first day, which is all booked interviews, is pretty much full. There are a few spaces left for very select positions.
The second day (Saturday October 16th) of job fair is for drop in appointments. The doors are open from 9 am to 1pm. To ensure your best chances of getting an interview be there early. 9 AM!!! The drop in day is extremely busy. We will do our best to talk to everyone, however, the hotel will kick us out eventually.
As a veteran interviewer at job fair here is some advice. Bring several copies of your resumes, make sure you have references on those resumes! It saves a step for the interviewer, we don’t need to wait for you to email us your references. The next couple of items will definitely help you make a great first impression – they may seem rather self-evident, but enough people forget them, so they warrant being mentioned.
- Wear clean clothes (We don’t expect suits; jeans with no rips/stains and a collared shirt are nice)
- Have a shower and brush your teeth
- Take off your hat/toque/beanie
- Be SOBER, not drunk/high/hung over
- Make eye contact during the interview
- Be honest
- Have fun, you are interviewing for a position at a ski resort!
I hope these tips help. See you at Job Fair!