CSP Volunteer Patrol Recruitment Night
Do you love skiing, snowboarding or Nordic skiing? Do you enjoy helping people? Do you want to meet a great group of people? If you answered YES to these questions then the volunteer patrol might be for you! The Canadian Ski Patrol, Ogopogo Zone is holding the annual recruitment drive on September 4th at the Ramada Lodge in Kelowna. To join the CSP Patrol you have to be 18 or older, and be a strong intermediate skier, boarder or Nordic skier.
The Ogopogo Zone are involved in the community year round! They provide first aid coverage at events such as the Apple Triathlon in the summer. In the winter the CSP assist with first aid coverage for World Cup Events, they helped at the 2010 Winter Olympics as well. The CSP are a great group of people who like to have fun, ski/snowboard and help people.
The Ogogpogo Zone patrols at Big White Ski Resort, Crystal Mountain Ski Resort, Telemark Nordic Club and Phoenix Mountain. The Ogopogo Zone over the years has received some very prestigious awards including:
- National Outstanding Zone - 2011
- Pacific South Division Outstanding Zone - 2011
- National Division Award - Pacific South Division - 2011
- Big White Ski Resort - National Outstanding Contribution Award - 2013
Patrollers in the Ogogpogo Zone also did very well this year:
- Terry Britton - Canadian Ski Patroller Award, which is the highest award a patroller can receive, he also got his 25 year pin for service to the CSP! Congratulations Terry, and a big THANK-YOU for all you hard work over the years.
- Todd Ganie & Quentin Steen - National Appreciation Award
- Justin Lane as a member of a group - National Excellence in Education Award
- Niki Ganie - Pacific South Division, Paul Druitt Excellence Award
Thank-you to all the patrollers for your hard work and dedication to snow sports!
Where: Ramada Lodge - 2170 Harvey Ave, Kelowna
When: September 4th, 7pm