Congratulations to CSPS Ogopogo Zone!
With the end of the 2010-2011 season comes the parties and celebrations. Our volunteer patrollers; members of the Canadian Ski Patrol System, Ogopogo Zone recently celebrated at Michael Brooke Golf Course in Kelowna. The Ogopogo Zone consists of Big White Ski Resort, Crystal Mountain, Telemark Cross Country Ski Club and Phoenix Mountain. Several awards were handed out at this party. Everyone at Big White Ski Resort would like congratulate all those that received awards. I feel that a couple of awards deserve special mention.
From the Zone level there were several great awards:
- Big White Patroller of the Year – Bill
- Crystal Patroller of the Year – Paul
- Phoenix Patroller of the Year - Chester
- President’s Award – Diane (Phoenix)
- Ski Patroller Award – Glen (Big White) - The Ski Patroller Award is the highest operational award the zone gives out. Recipients have to have a significant history of contributing to the zone beyond what can be expected. In order to receive the award they need to have been previously recognized with a Zone Appreciation Award or an equivalent and been given the Order of Ogopogo Award. This effectively means they need to have contributed over a fairly significant period of time on an ongoing basis as each award expects contributions to have been made since the previous award.
- Darrel Boehm Award – Hans (Big White) - The Darryl Boehm was created in memory of a patroller who patrolled with us for 3 years before passing away suddenly and very unexpectedly. He had great willingness to help and contributed to the positive experience of everyone he worked with. The criteria for the award is to recognize a patroller who for a period of 3 or more years has shown that great willingness to help and positively effect the experience of everyone they come in contact with. It is a very hard award to get because the voting threshold is so high requiring a 4.5 average on a scale that goes to 5.
From the Pacific South Division Level
- Outstanding First Aid Award – Jenna (Big White)
- Life Time Achievement Award – Terry (Big White)
- President’s Award – Justin (Zone President, skis all over!)
The Ogopogo Zone received the award for Outstanding Zone within the Pacific South Division. The zone is up for the National award as well. Way to go!
Congratulations to all!
If you are interested in joining the Canadian Ski Patrol System please check out these websites.
National – www.csps.ca
Ogopogo Zone www.cspsoz.com